Ever wondered how to use scented candles? As is the case with most things, there’s a right way to do it.
At Candle House Ceylon, every candle is hand-poured with utmost care and love. We want you to have the best CHC experience with our candles by treating them with the care they deserve.
So here we have compiled some product information, safety, and tips to get started. Learn how to use scented candles and maximize the strength of the flame, fragrance and the useful life of all your favorite candles!
About CHC Candles
Each candle at Candle House Ceylon is made using locally sourced ingredients such as premium paraffin wax and 100% cotton core wicks. Only fine fragrance oils and essential oils are used to scent our candles, making sure that each step is tested and is the right combination to ensure a great experience.
All our glass vessels can be re-purposed after the use of the candle. Visit our page on How to Re-Use Our Jars to learn more.
How to use our candles
- Trim your candle wick to 1/4″ before lighting each candle or once your candle has cooled.
- Discard the snipped portion in the trash; never leave wick trimmings inside your candle vessel.
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the glass during each burn to prevent tunneling, lighting them only for 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your wick to curl over, as this can create a larger than normal flame.
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/4″ of wax remains.
- Do not pick up a burning candle or immediately after it’s been blown out.
- Protect the surface underneath the candle no matter the material.
- Candles are sensitive to temperature and light.
- Avoid candles from fading, cracking or melting by storing them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and dust.
- Store them in an upright position.